Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brong Baby #3

It's true.

Matt and I are expecting... again... This one really snuck up on us. But we're happy nonetheless, excited to have all three close in age and to complete and round out our family.

Questions, I know everyone has lots of questions. Here's a break down.

How far along are you? I'm roughly 8 weeks pregnant right now. We're looking at a due date of October 28th, 2011. I plan on pushing that baby out pre-Halloween or holding it in until November.

*Fun fact - Gabe's birthday is in March, mine's in April, Zander's is in May, Matt's is September, this one could be October. Apparently we like sequence.

What does this mean for our time in Korea? After seeing the head nurse today, we received paperwork stating that I am to leave the country within the week of July 8th, 2011. Basically, I need to leave by my 24 week mark so that I can get acquainted with the new hospital and health care provider at our new base.

What about Matt? Now that we have documentation by a health care source that I am, indeed, pregnant and will need to leave the country early, Matt will apply for curtailment orders. These are basically orders that say he needs to leave the country to accompany his pregnant wife, because she's pregnant.

What are the chances he'll get curtainment orders approved? Honestly? I'm hoping 50/50. We're not really sure. We didn't even know it was possible to get curtailment orders until someone else brought it up to Matt. Regardless if he gets approved to accompany me and the boys, we are still leaving sometime the week of July 8th.

Where are you going next? Because of this new development, we still don't know where we're going. Once we find out if Matt's been approved for tour curtainment, we will be able to call the branch manager and get orders for our next duty station. If Matt gets approved for curtainment, his report date would be a lot earlier than if we were still in Korea. The report date helps determine what duty station we'll go to. If he's not approved to accompany us, our apartment will be packed and the truck shipped before the boys and I leave and Matt will move in the barracks on base.

Are you hoping for a girl? I know a lot of people are going to ask that, and honestly, I don't really care. As long as the baby is healthy and happy, we'll be happy. Matt and I have talked a lot about if we want to find out at the ultrasound and we still haven't really decided. A big part of me doesn't want to know because it doesn't matter. We'll be back in the states prior to the birth, so I'll be able to get all the shopping I need done. We already have names picked out for both genders. It would make things a little easier knowing, I guess, but it's not nearly as important as having a healthy baby.

Have you been sick? Eh, it depends on the day. Sometimes, I'm super nauseous and can't get out of bed, other days, I'm perfectly fine and running around with the boys. So far the biggest difference with this pregnancy has been my appetite. I can't seem to eat enough! Every two to three hours I have to eat something substantial. Also, I'm much more tired but I suppose that's to be expected now that I have two children I'm running after.

What are the names you've picked out? We're not telling, and don't ask Gabe, he won't tell you either.

I can't really think of anything else, and Zander's raiding the snack drawer. If you can think of anything else you want to know, let me know. I'll answer it as soon as I get a chance.


1 comment:

  1. HOPE YOU HAVE ANOTHER BLESSED EVENT, AND ALL GOES WELL!! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU ALSO!!
    TAKE CARE, GREG % EVIE

    ReplyDelete