Thursday, December 15, 2011

Putting up the tree

I like the have the tree up immediately after Thanksgiving, but because we didn't have our household goods until later, decorating had to wait until we were unpacked.  I love having the tree up, even though it's huge (I forget every year how big it is) and takes awhile to get put together, it makes everything so much more cheerful.  

We had to buy new ball ornaments this year, none survived the trip from Korea.  All our special holiday ornaments made it though.  We buy a new ornament for every year and one for every special occasion.  Matt and I have one from our first Christmas we were married, a "Parent's to Be" ornament from my pregnancy with Gabe, and an "Our first house" ornament from when we bought our house in Fayetteville, NC.  All the kids have a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament.  A few Star Wars ornaments, including an M&M clone trooper and Yoda's head, have been collected and I had an ornament with Matt's picture from his '06-'07 deployment made.  

The boys love the tree.  Zander wanted to help so much, but made me so nervous because he had no regard for the fragility of them.  While I'm not usually a fan of homemade ornaments, I kept them around so he would have something he could "help" with.  







Zander and Gabe love laying under the tree and looking up at the lights.


This year's addition is a Starbucks holiday mug ornament.  Every year, I see them and want one but put it off and then usually miss out because they run out of stock so early.  As soon as I saw it, I grabbed it this time.


Calla loves the tree.  The lights amaze and entertain her.









No comments:

Post a Comment