Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Back to real life

Oh desktop, how I've missed you!  Let me count the ways.

But seriously, I could count the ways.  It has been a long four months without you.  I've missed your vast memory, the 22 inch screen and multiple USB and memory card ports.  Don't get me started on your iTunes library or Adobe Photoshop upgrades.

You're like coming home.  With a keyboard and all.  Sorry, got a little sidetracked.

As you know, we've had a lot going on in the last four months - what with the boys and I leaving South Korea. vacationing in Michigan and moving and starting school in Kansas.  While it's been almost a month since I've updated the blog, we've had two (three according to Gabe) very big events happen in that time:  The birth of our baby girl, Calla Jane, Halloween (that's the big one to Gabe) and the move to Texas.

Now that we are in Texas, it feels good to finally settle in.

For at least a year.  Please, Army, give me a year.  At least.

Gabe and Matt have re-entered the school/work routine.  Zander, Calla and I are figuring out a daily routine, peppered with cleaning, organizing and daily walks.  Charlotte is quickly re-learning not to sleep on the furniture.  Adjustments all around.

We are still waiting for the big household goods shipment - the one with furniture, pots and pans and other items you take for granted until you don't have them.  Our fingers are crossed for delivery before Thanksgiving.

For now, I'm just thankful for the delivery of our desktop.

Oh, and our Keurig.  Did I forget to mention that?  No more instant or gas station coffee for me!

It's the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment