Saturday, April 14, 2012

Family Easter photo shoot

I always try to come up with something creative for their holiday pictures, but as the day was wearing on and babies (Zander) were getting cranky I just decided to go with the back yard.  We have this stone wall all around our back yard to serve as a fence and these really annoying prickly plants that grow in the sand, but I thought they would serve as a cool texture element in the pictures.  It makes the pictures look bigger (I think).  In the ones where they are looking up, Matt was trying to entertain them with an Iron Man toy, but you can see where Zander was done sitting still.  I got a couple good ones of all three kids, but I'm really happy I was able to get some good close ups of Calla.  













I have Photoshop Elements 8 (that's how I edit almost all my photos) and used two separate actions on these pictures.  I highly recommend both of these websites, they have a lot of freebies and tutorials for Photoshop beginners.  I have basically learned everything I know about photography and photo editing from websites like these and trial and error.

I used the Mini Fusion action from MCP Actions.  This is a freebie, but she offers many different options for purchase for more advanced editing.  She also offers a Facebook templates for Photoshop.

I also used the Simply Vintage action from The Coffeeshop Blog.  I LOVE this website.  She offers multiple actions, frames, templates and tutorials (and more) for free!  All her information is very thorough, with screen by screen directions.  I can't say enough about this blog, a definite must bookmark for anyone starting out in the photography world (or just interested in learning new editing methods).

No comments:

Post a Comment