Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pocketbooth app

I know I have been neglecting my blog and I apologize.  We have had a lot going on recently and I have kind of signed off of "social media" altogether.  I am trying to work out getting myself more organized regarding setting limits on myself, not expecting so much out of me and basically just letting go of ridiculous time lines I set for myself.  This is the time of year to sit back and enjoy yourself and your family and all you have and I have been running myself around crazy, trying to make a million things happen instead.  So.  I am going to lay off myself for a little bit.  Which might mean less entries, less updates and less pictures.  And I apologize.  But I need to give myself a little leeway before I have a nervous breakdown.

In other news, I always take the free app cards at Starbucks.  Anyone else?  We have so many apps and songs and videos from those little suckers.  Zander and Calla love to hold on to them and pretend they are credit cards.

We recently snagged the Pocketbooth app and it is so much fun!

Available here

This isn't what the app looks like.  iTunes wouldn't let me copy the app image, but this gives you an idea of what it's like.  Imagine the old school photo booths, where it takes a picture, pauses and then takes another one.  That's the concept.  What I love about this app, other than having the sequential pictures, is that it is completely customizable.  You can pick how many pictures, what photo filters and how long a delay you want between shots.  I also love that you can email it, post it on Facebook, Twitter or even order it to be printed!



When we got it at Starbucks, it was free but regularly the app is $.99.  You can buy more filters and expand the use of this app if you want.  I think the basic version is pretty cool.  Here are some shots of us messing around with Pocketbooth on my iPad:


The kids love it! They didn't really understand the concept of moving or posing for the next shot at first, but they quickly caught on.  You can tell I got in a posing slump and kind of make the same poses in each sequence.  I am a photo booth bore, I guess.  But seriously, how fun!  I love the idea of taking something that is kind of non-existent anymore and updating it for the next generation.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment